Suffering in silence: age inequality in older people’s mental health care CR221, November 2018
This Report highlights the need for urgent action to address the poorer outcomes experienced by older people in mental health services compared to other age groups. It sets out the evidence to support this assertion and makes a number of recommendations on how the needs of older people could and should be better met in future years.
- Services and demand: overview
- Evidence of discrimination
- Discrimination in health and care
- Rising challenge for services
- Ensuring we can meet the needs of older people
- How the government should respond