Relational Security Webinar 26 September 2023
Audience: This session is aimed at those in forensic services with responsibility for learning and development, particularly within safety, security, and patient care.
Aims of the session:
- Provide participants with a summary of the key advancements in relational security within the newly published 3rd Edition of See Think Act.
- Share learning about how to train and develop staff in the subject of relational security.
- Share options for improving relational security in services.
- Discuss what further support and resources services may need to ensure staff are competent and confident in how to apply relational security skills.
- Discuss what further support and resources services may need to ensure service leaders are competent and confident in how to build and sustain relational security in their services.
Date: Tuesday 26 September 2023
Time: 10am to 12 noon
Location: MS Teams
To register to attend, please complete the online booking form.
If you would like to present about relational security in your service, we'd really like to hear from you. You might want to share what your service has accomplished in training and development, or you may have thoughts about how relational security could be improved, what the obstacles are, and what further support services need to strengthen relational security in forensic mental health. If this is of interest, please complete the online presentation proposal form.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewer training is a free event for staff from a service that is a member of the Quality Network. The training is a great learning experience for those who are interested in participating in the new virtual peer-reviews of medium and low secure forensic mental health services.
We strongly encourage individuals organising and reviewing other services to attend this condensed training, which will cover the new process of virtual reviews.
The training will give potential reviewers the opportunity to gain practical knowledge about how to conduct a peer-review visit virtually. The online training session will involve presentation and discussion to develop the skills of a reviewer.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- describe the Quality Network’s overall peer-review review process
- deliver the role and responsibilities of a peer reviewer before, during and after the peer-review
- troubleshoot and manage complaints and other difficulties that may arise during a peer-review
- describe and promote the ethos of the Quality Network’s peer-reviews
- understand how to effectively carry out and participate in a virtual peer-review.
The training is free to member services.
Next training dates
We have condensed the training to just two hours, on the following dates:
- Tuesday 19 September 2023 (10am - 12pm)
- Wednesday 25 October 2023 (10am - 12pm)
- Tuesday 23 January 2024 (1pm - 3pm)
- Thursday 21 March 2024 (1pm - 3pm)
To book, please use this registration form.
If you have any questions about QNFMHS reviewer training, please contact us at email@example.com.
The 2021 artwork and creative writing competition has now closed. Thank you to all who participated. Entries will be featured in our upcoming newsletter.
If you would like to access presentations from our past events, you can find these on our group page on Knowledge Hub under the 'library' tab.
To join knowledge hub, email 'join' to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous event presentations on knowledge hub:
Physical Security in Medium and Low Secure Services, 3 March 2020
Trauma-Informed Care within Forensic and Prison Mental Health Services, 21 November 2019
LSU Annual Forum, 20 June 2019
MSU Annual Forum, 21 May 2019
Managing a Healthy Weight, 27 February 2019
Prison Transfer and Remission: Improving Practice, 27 November 2018