QNFMHS Annual Forum - Save the date!
Our QNFMHS Annual Forum will take place on 30 September 2021. More information, including the draft programme, will be available soon.
Book your place via our online booking system.
Calling for webinar presenters!
We are hosting regular webinars/discussion groups where individuals can come together to learn and discuss certain topics. Each webinar will have a specific theme, are free to join and will be facilitated by the QN team.
If you would like to know about our upcoming webinars, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest. We will then be in touch with a video link for you to connect to the relevant session and guidance on how to participate.
If you are interested in presenting a webinar, please read our guidance on submitting a webinar proposal.
Potential webinar themes include:
- equality and diversity within secure services
- sustainable mental healthcare
- See, Think, Act / relational security
- technological advances in secure settings
- COVID-19 restoration.
The deadline for the webinar is Thursday 19 August.
Reviewer training is a free event for staff from a service that is a member of the Quality Network. The training is a great learning experience for those who are interested in participating in the new virtual peer-reviews of medium and low secure forensic mental health services.
We strongly encourage individuals organising and reviewing other services to attend this condensed training, which will cover the new process of virtual reviews.
The training will give potential reviewers the opportunity to gain practical knowledge about how to conduct a peer-review visit virtually. The online training session will involve presentation and discussion to develop the skills of a reviewer.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- describe the Quality Network’s overall peer-review review process
- deliver the role and responsibilities of a peer reviewer before, during and after the peer-review
- troubleshoot and manage complaints and other difficulties that may arise during a peer-review
- describe and promote the ethos of the Quality Network’s peer-reviews
- understand how to effectively carry out and participate in a virtual peer-review.
The training is free to member services.
Next training dates
We have condensed the training to just one hour, on the following dates:
- Wednesday 08 September 2021 (10am - 11am)
- Monday 25 October 2021 (10am - 11am)
- Tuesday 18 January 2022 (12pm - 1pm)
- Monday 21 March 2022 (11am - 12pm)
- Friday 22 April 2022 (10am - 11am)
To book, please use this registration form.
If you have any questions about QNFMHS reviewer training, please contact us on email@example.com.
The 2021 artwork and creative writing competition has now closed. Thank you to all who participated. Entries will be featured in our upcoming newsletter.
If you would like to access presentations from our past events, you can find these on our group page on Knowledge Hub under the 'library' tab.
To join knowledge hub, email 'join' to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous event presentations on knowledge hub:
Physical Security in Medium and Low Secure Services, 3 March 2020
Trauma-Informed Care within Forensic and Prison Mental Health Services, 21 November 2019
LSU Annual Forum, 20 June 2019
MSU Annual Forum, 21 May 2019
Managing a Healthy Weight, 27 February 2019
Prison Transfer and Remission: Improving Practice, 27 November 2018