QNPMHS standards revision
The Quality Network for Prison Mental Health Services (QNPMHS) will be hosting a standards event. This will be the first, large-scale review of the standards since their creation in 2015. We would like to consider specialisms within prison mental health, and combine learning with workshop discussions on how this could fit within our standards.
When: 17 March 2021
Time: 10:00 - 16:30 (the final programme and timings to be confirmed)
Registration: To book your place please visit the registration page.
This webinar is free for QNPMHS members, or £55 for non-members. We will be in touch with you if you are not from a member service about taking payment.
Reviewer training is a free event for staff from a service that is a member of the Quality Network. The training is a great learning experience for those who are interested in participating in external peer-reviews of mental health services in prison.
The training will give potential reviewers the opportunity to gain practical knowledge about how to conduct a peer-review visit.
The training day will involve presentations, discussions and workshops created to develop the skills of a reviewer.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Describe the Quality Network’s overall peer-review review process
- Deliver the role and responsibilities of the reviewer before, during and after the peer-review
- Troubleshoot and manage complaints and other difficulties that may arise during a peer-review
- Describe and promote the ethos of the Quality Network’s peer-reviews
- Describe the key benefits of the peer-review process and membership of the Quality Network
The training is free to member services.
Next training date:
We have a number of virtual online reviewer training sessions available. All training sessions are the same, so please only book onto one session per person:
- Wednesday 2 December (10am - 11am)
- Wednesday 14 April 2021 (12 noon - 1pm)
- Wednesday 15 September 2021 (11am - 12 noon)
- Monday 11 October 2021 (2pm - 3pm)
Please book your place by visiting our online registration form.
If you would like to access presentations from our past events, you can find these on our group page on Knowledge Hub under the 'library' tab.
To join Knowledge Hub, email 'join' to email@example.com.
Presentations from the following events can be found on Knowledge Hub:
- Prison Transfer and Remission: Improving Practice, 27 November 2018
- Safety in Prisons, 14 March 2019
- CPA Consultation Event, 11 April 2019
- QNPMHS 4th Annual Forum, 02 July 2019
- Trauma-Informed Care within Forensic and Prison Mental Health Services, 21 November 2019
- QNPMHS 5th Annual Forum, 03 December 2020
This year's artwork and creative writing competition has now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a piece. The artwork was published in our summer 2020 newsletter. The creative writing booklet was combined with our sister QNFMHS project and published here.
We will be doing another competition next year - please keep an looking out for more information.