On this page you can find a range of resources for the Enjoying Work Collaborative, including quality improvement tools, together with recordings and slides from our bimonthly learning sets. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr Amar Shah, National Improvement Lead for the Mental Health Safety Improvement Programme and Tom Ayers, Director of the National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health, welcome the teams taking part in the Enjoying Work Quality Improvement Collaborative. The welcome included an overview of how teams will use quality improvement methodology to connect to what brings them joy in their work and find ways to enhance their wellbeing, and top tips on how teams can make the most of being on the collaborative.
Aileen Valydon and Marisa Bouman from the Community Mental Health Team, Isle of Dogs, East London NHS Foundation Trust, share their learning from undertaking a quality improvement project on increasing joy in work in their team. Aileen and Marisa shared really valuable insights and tips for undertaking this work, including how they overcame some of the challenges they faced at the start of their project and the importance of creating psychological safety to enable honesty within a team.
- Overview of the Enjoying Work Collaborative
- Driver diagram
- Change idea menu
- Measurement plan
- QI project team roles and responsibilities
- QI project team meeting agenda template
- Generating change ideas worksheet
- PDSA worksheet template
- Line chart template
- Adding to your driver diagram on LifeQI handout
- Adding a PDSA cycle on LifeQI handout
Webinar: An introduction to LifeQI – 12 July 2021
Matt Milarski and Kate Lorrimer, QI Coaches at the NCCMH, demonstrate the LifeQI system which teams will be using throughout the Enjoying Work Collaborative.
- East London Foundation Trust’s work on Joy in Work
- A talk by the Mayo Clinic’s Dr Stephen Swenson exploring the importance of work-life balance and mental health for healthcare professionals