Our Faculty is open to Consultants, Associate Specialists, Staff Grades and Higher Trainees in psychiatry throughout Scotland. We also encourage core trainees and foundation doctors to attend our meetings. We meet two or three times a year to discuss relevant issues.
Chair: Dr Phil Crockett
New teaching resources
Please also take a look at a new training video which has been developed about men and eating disorders. The team who developed it now have RCGP accreditation for their training module and asked if ScotFED might be able to use it. They have made a specific link for RCPsych so they can evaluate any feedback they get from it and compare with RCGP feedback.
ScotFED 2019 Conference resources
- An all age integrated service: How it works in Dorset - Dr Ciaran Newell, Consultant Hurse Eating Disorders / Facilitator Research & Development & Carla Figueiredo, Consultant Psychiatrist.
ScotFED 2018 Conference resources
- Family based training as a model of realistic medicine - Charlotte Oakley, Clinical Lead Connect-Eating Disorders, Specialist Children's Services, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Patient perspectives on compulsion and treatment of eating disorders - Zoe Johnston, Year 5 Medical Student, University of Edinburgh
- Systematic review into the efficacy and acceptability of computerised CBT in the treatment of bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder - Alistair Thompson, Psychological Therapist, Cullen Centre Outpatient Team, Royal Edinburgh Hospital
- The impact of social media in triggering and maintaining eating disorders - Amritha Sastry, Year 5 Medical Student, University of Aberdeen
Scottish College Resources
- Minutes of Meetings
- Reports to RCPsych in Scotland
- Management of Eating Disorders in Scotland – Briefing paper