After the successful delivery of our webinar with RCPsych in Scotland and the North West Division back in February 2022, the Trent and West Midlands Divisions are pleased to announce their webinar Supporting transgender adult patients.
The webinar will be the second in their four-part series on LGBTQ+ mental health, which began on 28 September with the session Trauma, substances, and suicide. Feedback was very positive from the event, with one delegate describing it as “one of the best webinars I've ever been to”.
Be sure to join us on 8 December 9.30am-12.30pm. Topics will include:
- Assessment of complex patients
- Improving the admission process to impatient wards for gender diverse service users – service evaluation
- Attention to autism in the clinical care guidance for transgender and gender-diverse people: a scoping review.
- Trans folk in general psychiatric services - what to do differently if anything?
- Intersectionality, communication, and safe spaces: Lived experience perspectives.
The session will be recorded and available afterwards to those who register. Bookings can be made via our event page.
This session is part of the LGBTQ+ Mental Health Webinar Series with RCPsych Trent and West Midlands Division
The full series can be booked, giving access to all four sessions, or alternatively each individual session can also be booked. To accommodate the busy schedules of our members, all sessions will be recorded and available to watch on demand afterwards.
- Session 1 – Trauma, substances and suicide: LGBTQ+ mental health (28 September)
- Session 2 – Supporting transgender adult patients (8 December)
- Session 3 – Intersectionality and LGBTQ+ mental health: A closer look (25 January 2024)
- Session 4 – LGBTQ+ Youth Mental Health (23 February 2024)
Medical students can attend for free. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your free place.