We hope that this information will be helpful if:
- you are constantly thinking with your weight and body image
- you feel that your eating or dieting may be a problem
- you find yourself obsessively using other ways to lose weight, such as over-exercising or making yourself sick
- you think you might have anorexia or bulimia
- other people worry that you have lost too much weight
- you have a friend or relative, son or daughter who is having a problem of this sort.
It does not deal with the problems of being overweight.
This webpage provides information, not advice. You should read our full disclaimer before reading further.
This information reflects the best available evidence at the time of writing. We aim to review our mental health information every three years, and update critical changes more regularly.