Here you'll find other useful LTFT advice, guidelines, and policies.
General Medical Council
- GMC position statement: Conditions for less than full-time training, 2017
- Adapting for the future: a plan for improving the flexibility of UK postgraduate medical training, 2015
- Promoting excellence: standards for medical education and training, 2019. Emphasis on doctors in training must have access to systems and information to support less than full-time training (R3.10)
- Doctors in flexible training. Principles underpinning the new arrangements for flexible training, 2017
British Medical Association
- BMA: Less than full time guidance, 2015.
- BMA: Flexible working and LTFT (less than full time training), 2018 update
- BMA Rostering guidance - design recommendations for LTFT doctors, December 2018
- BMA: Less than full time training (LTFT) forum, December 2018
Trainees’ tales of less than full time training
Rosa Topley and colleagues look at how less than full-time training can help doctors deal with changes in their lives at the same time as progressing their medical careers.
- Less than full time training for doctors, 2017. Useful review of pros and cons of LTFT working, options for LTFT working, including advantages of working full days and part days, top tips for LTFT working, etc.
- Scotland Deanery
- Return from leave HEE Yorkshire and Humber Guidance(there are similar in each HEE Deanery area)
- The NHS Long Term Plan