The archives collection consists mainly of records created by the College and its predecessor bodies, a small collection of deposited archives and manuscripts, and an antiquarian book collection on the history of psychiatry.
- Institutional archives (PDF)
- Deposited archives and manuscripts (PDF)
- Nursing examinations archives (PDF)
- Portraits and paintings collection
- The roll of honour (PDF) - College Officers from 1971 and prizes, fellowships, awards and medals
Madness to Mental Illness
'Madness to Mental Illness: A history of the Royal College of Psychiatrists' written by Thomas Bewley.
Displays and posters
- Ten Presidents of the Medico-Psychological Association and their Asylums (PDF)
- Dr Helen Boyle of Brighton - First Woman President of the Royal Medico-Psychological Association (PDF)
- Public education and the development of mental health information (poster 1) (PDF)
- Public education and the development of mental health information (PDF)
The collection contains books dating back to the fifteenth century. Most of them were donated to the Medico-Psychological Association and the Royal Medico-Psychological Association, predecessor bodies of the College, from 1895.
The collection contains English, French and German language books on the history of psychiatry, psychology, mental illness and learning disability.
You can access the books using our library catalogue.