For Psychiatrists, GPs and Forensic Medical Examiners who are seeking Section 12(2) approval under the Mental Health Act 1983 for the first time.
Is this the right course for you?
Check with your local Approvals Panel for information on the criteria for approval, and to confirm which course is suitable for your requirements before booking a course.
- The course is made up of 6 eLearning modules, hosted on MyLearning plus a three hour live Q&A session.
- Each module is comprised of recorded presentations, interactive learning exercises and an end of-module test.
- Once you have registered for your chosen live Q&A session date, you will receive a link to access the eLearning modules and you can begin completing these straight away.
- You should allow a minimum of 10 hours to complete the modules (6 modules of 1 - 2.5 hours recommended completion time).
- You must complete all 6 modules, before attending your live Q&A session.
- The live Q&A session is your opportunity to ask questions about what you have learn
Please note there is a maximum of 30 delegates per live Q&A session.
How to access the course
The online course modules will be available to access and complete as soon as you have registered for your live Q&A session. After registering, please follow these steps:
- You will receive a welcome email containing a link to the 'My Area' of your learning profile.
- Open the link and log in using your RCPsych login details (please do not log in using your OpenAthens credentials).
- The course will be listed under the 'My Home' tab of your learning account.
- Please click into the course title to begin your learning.
How to book
- The course costs £397.50 - includes access to the eLearning modules + your live three hour Q&A session.
- Please select the live Q&A session date you wish to attend.
- You will then be taken to the online booking page to pay for the whole course.
- Remember you will need to complete your eLearning before your Q&A session - please ensure you allow enough time to complete the modules before your live session.
Please note: cancelling and re-booking for a different date will incur a 20% administration fee. Please ensure you are available on the date you select before booking. Read our terms and conditions before booking.