For Psychiatrists, GPs and Forensic Medical Examiners who are seeking Section 12(2) approval under the Mental Health Act 1983 for the first time.
- The course is made up of 6 eLearning modules, hosted on our CPD eLearning platform and a 2 hour live Q&A session
- Each module is comprised of recorded presentations, interactive learning exercises and an end of-module test
- Once you have registered for your chosen live Q&A session date, you will receive a link to access the eLearning modules and you can begin completing these straight away
- You should allow a minimum of 10 hours to complete the modules (6 modules of 1 - 2.5 hours recommended completion time)
- You must complete all 6 modules, before attending your live Q&A session
- The live Q&A session is your opportunity to ask questions about what you have learnt
How to access the course
The eLearning modules will be available to access and complete as soon as you have registered for your live Q&A session. After registering, please follow these steps:
- You will receive an invitation to activate your subscription to CPD eLearning - if you do not receive this email, please check your junk folder or contact us
- Click on your activation link
- You will be taken to the CPD eLearning home page
- Please log in using your RCPsych login details (please use your RCPsych login, even if you usually access CPD eLearning through Open Athens)
- Please return to your activation email and click 'start the course'
- You will be taken to the course modules
How to book
- The course costs £375 - includes access to the eLearning modules + your live 2-hour Q&A session
- Please select the live Q&A session date you wish to attend
- You will then be taken to the online booking page to pay for the whole course
- Remember you will need to complete your eLearning before your Q&A session - please ensure you allow enough time to complete the modules before your live session
Please note: cancelling and re-booking for a different date will incur a 20% administration fee. Please ensure you are available on the date you select before booking. Read our terms and conditions before booking.