Our standards support services to improve the quality of care for people using services and demonstrate that they meet national requirements.
Meeting national requirements
We know services are under increased pressure to demonstrate that they comply with national policies and guidelines and our standards incorporate national requirements and recommendations.
The standards are in line with:
- Department of Health Policy Implementation Guides
- NICE guidelines
- Royal College of Psychiatrists' Guidelines
- Recommendations arising from the National Audit of Schizophrenia
The 4th Edition of our inpatient standards were published in December 2020.
The 1st Edition of our community standards were published in June 2022.
Reflecting views of those in the field
We know that those who have the best understanding of the issues and challenges facing rehabilitation services are those who have experience of working or being cared for in these services.
We involve our members in the revision of standards and have representation from front-line staff, patients and carers in their development.
- August 2018
- June 2018
If you have an article you’d like us to feature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AIMS Rehab Annual Forum 9 December 2020: Co-Production
- AIMS Rehab Annual forum 17 May 2018: Developing a quality network for mental health rehabilitation services
- Getting Our House in Order - Convincing others of the ongoing need for mental health rehabilitation services (PDF) - Prof Helen Killaspy
- Placement Efficiency Programme - Ensure care quality at the best value (PDF) - Sara Poutney, Matthew Hodges, Jane Hannon
- From Institution to Enablement: The Sheffield Story (PDF) - Julie Smalley, Maha Barlow
- The Role of Peer Support (PDF) - Donna Bradford, Adam Partridge, Charlotte Smith, Darcy Woods
- The changing landscape of mental health rehabilitation-challenges faced adapting to recent guidance (PDF) - Hilton Vera, Julie Cummins
- A Whole Team Approach: Through a Process of Self-Review (PDF) - Stephen Jones, Dr Ehab Morgan
- A mindfulness group intervention for patients with severe symptoms of psychosis (PDF) - Maria Antypa, Ute Liersch
- Is Co-Dependency in Families a Potential Barrier to Service User Recovery and a Good Relationship With Professionals? (PDF) - Veronica Kamerling
- Creating an Enabling Environment for Staff and Patients on a Rehab Ward (PDF) - Rowland Woodward, Anna Cook
- AIMS Rehab Project Team Update (PDF) - Eleanor Parker, Conor Booker