Committee Members and CESR Evaluators
The Equivalence Committee’s main purpose is to assess applications received under the CESR route and send recommendations to the General Medical Council regarding individual applications for Specialist Registration in Psychiatry.
Equivalence committee members are made up of representatives from the Specialty Doctor's Committee, the Psychiatric Trainees' Committee and Faculty members representing each psychiatric specialty. CESR Evaluators are also expected to attend Committee meetings.
In order to be a CESR evaluator, you must:
- be a Member, Fellow, or Specialist Associate of the College and in good standing
- hold Specialist Registration with the GMC
- have held a consultant post for at least a year
- have a good level of computer literacy
- be able to commit to being a CESR Evaluator for at least a year.
Applications from retired consultants are welcome.
You will also need to supply the following documents:
- a signed confidentiality agreement
- College certificate of good standing for CPD
- evidence of equality and diversity training undertaken in the last three years
- a letter of good standing from your current Medical or Clinical Director (not required for retired applicants)
- two anonymised tribunal/court reports, case histories, or similar documents which demonstrate your ability to write clear, thorough and detailed reports.
How to join the Equivalence Committee and become a CESR evaluator
For more information on the Committee, its remit and to see its current officers please see the Equivalence Committee page.
New Evaluator Training
All new evaluators are required to undertake CESR evaluator training as part of their induction into the committee. They are often run twice a year prior to Equivalence Committee meetings. Committee meetings are typically held in March and November with virtual Evaluator training often taking place in February and October.
If there is sufficient demand we will host ad-hoc training days.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when the next training day is due to be held.
If you would like to know more about the Equivalence Committee, please contact email@example.com, or call +44 (0)208 618 4170.