- Raise awareness of the value of understanding the history of psychiatry.
- Encourage research into the history of psychiatry, including the history of the RCPsych.
- Be a forum for psychiatrists wishing to research HoP, to find others with shared interests and to discuss research ideas and work in progress.
- Facilitate networking with academic historians.
- Welcome non-College members who are interested in HoP, including people with medical and non-medical backgrounds.
- Keep people informed via a webpage and newsletter.
- Organise workshops and conferences about the history of psychiatry, including about historical methodology and resources.
- Organise history sessions at annual International Congress, and with Faculties and Divisions.
- Liaise with, and support, the RCPsych archives department, e.g. producing exhibitions, introducing online systems to facilitate archive access.
Graham Ash – Interim Chair & Hon. Archivist
Peter Carpenter – Finance Officer
Francis Maunze – Archivist
Lydia Thurston – Newsletter Editor
Tom Stephenson – Hon. Seretary & Twitter Manager
Claire Hilton – Historian in Residence
Fiona Watson – Library and Archives Manager
Nicol Ferrier – Newsletter Editor
Lydia Thurston – Trainee, Newsletter Deputy Editor
Ibrahim Mohammed – Trainee
Mutahira Qureshi – Trainee, Newsletter Assistant Editor
Kelsey Hentschel – Team Administrator/PA to the Registrar and Treasurer