- Raise awareness of the value of understanding the history of psychiatry.
- Encourage research into the history of psychiatry, including the history of the RCPsych.
- Be a forum for psychiatrists wishing to research HoP, to find others with shared interests and to discuss research ideas and work in progress.
- Facilitate networking with academic historians.
- Welcome non-College members who are interested in HoP, including people with medical and non-medical backgrounds.
- Keep people informed via a webpage and newsletter.
- Organise workshops and conferences about the history of psychiatry, including about historical methodology and resources.
- Organise history sessions at annual International Congress, and with Faculties and Divisions.
- Liaise with, and support, the RCPsych archives department, e.g. producing exhibitions, introducing online systems to facilitate archive access.
George Ikkos – Chair
Peter Carpenter – Finance officer
Francis Maunze – RCPsych archivist
Lydia Thurston – Newsletter editor
Andrew Howe – Twitter Manager
Tom Stephenson –Witness seminar co-organiser
Graham Ash - Honorary Archivist
Catherine Langley – Team Administrator/PA to the Registrar