Global volunteering opportunities
World Health Organisation Resources
- World Health Organization Mental Health Gap Action Programme (mhGAP)
- WHO mhGAP Intervention Guide Version 2.0
- WHO Psychological First Aid: guide for field workers - 2011
- World Health Organization Guidelines for Management of Acute Stress, PTSD, and Bereavement: Key Challenges on the Road Ahead
Reports and blogs
- Dr Jane Mounty recounts her experiences volunteering in Myanmar in 2017
- Clinical Tutor in Global Mental Health – Zimbabwe
- New blog: Guatemala mhGAP training
- Report: Report: World Mental Health Day - Dignity in Mental Health
- Review: Culture, Context and the Mental Health and Psychosocial Wellbeing of Syrians: a review for mental health and psychosocial support staff working with Syrians affected by the armed conflict.
- Report: Improving Health at Home and Abroad: How overseas volunteering from the NHS benefits the UK and the world
- Schizophrenia Outreach in Larkano (SOUL) report - Joint project of Sindh Doctors Association (SDA) UK and Psychiatry Department, Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University (SMBBMU).
- Publication from the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges: Global Health Capabilities for UK Health Professionals
- Webinar recording: Role of Psychiatrists in Humanitarian Settings
- RCPsych Volunteering and International Disasters
- MindEd: e-learning to support young, healthy minds
- RCPsych PTC Bursaries - available to medical students planning a psychiatry elective
- WPA Core Curriculum in Psychiatry for Medical Students
- Royal College of Nursing International page and Working Internationally: A Guide to humanitarian and development work for nurses and midwives.
- Global Health Workforce Alliance: 3rd Global Forum on Human Resources for Health
- Intervention: the International Journal of Mental Health, Psychosocial Work and Counselling in Areas of Armed Conflict - is a peer-reviewed journal that provides a forum for international exchange of knowledge and experiences in the field of mental health and psychosocial support in (post) conflict settings. It also provides a free online archive of articles older than 12 months.