Our new one year scheme is open to medical students with an interest and commitment to psychiatry seeking mentoring and financial support for activities intended to increase awareness and knowledge of psychiatry.
Scheme participants will be supported financially and with a mentor and will be expected act as ambassadors for psychiatry.
What are the benefits?
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits over the course of one year:
- Mentoring - you will be assigned a mentor to give you advice and support.
- Welcome and induction evening at the College – so you can network with other Psych Stars and mentors.
- International Congress - you will be given free registration to attend International Congress of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. A contribution towards accommodation and travel will be given.
- CPD and travel fund – to be spent on activities of your choosing, such as conferences, courses and learning materials.
- CPD Online - You will be given free access to the Royal College of Psychiatrists' CPD online modules. Over 180 modules and 90 podcasts to keep you up to date with new research and best practice psychiatry.
- TrOn - Trainees Online is our online learning resource to support trainee psychiatrists prepare for MRCPsych exams.
- Journal Subscriptions - You will be given free print copies of the Royal College of Psychiatrists' journals: BJPsych Bulletin, BJPsych Advances, and The British Journal of Psychiatry.
Am I eligible?
You must be a current student at a UK medical school, a current Student Associate of the College and demonstrate an interest in and commitment to Psychiatry. Psych Stars will also be expected to act as an ambassador for psychiatry.
If you’re not a Student Associate yet – signing up is easy, free of charge and offers a range of benefits. Find out more.
How do I apply?
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com