- Consensus statement on considerations for treating vegan patients with eating disorders (PDF) Mar 2019
- Safe patients and high-quality services: a guide to job descriptions and job plans for consultant psychiatrists (PDF) CR207 Nov 2017
- Eating disorders in the UK: policies for service distribution, service development and training (PDF) CR170 Mar 2012
- Parents as patients: Supporting the needs of patients who are parents and their children (PDF) CR164 Jan 2011
- Psychological Therapies in Psychiatry and Primary Care (PDF) CR151 Jun 2008
- Role of the Consultant Psychiatrist in Psychotherapy (PDF) CR139 May 2006
- Guidelines for the nutritional management of Anorexia Nervosa (PDF) CR130 Jul 2005 (charge applies).
- Early intervention for eating disorders (PDF) May 2019
- ED Faculty response to MHRA review: Laxative abuse in eating disorders (PDF).
Management of Really Sick Patients with Anorexia (MaRSiPAN) reports
- MARSIPAN: Management of Really Sick Patients with Anorexia Nervosa (2nd edn) (PDF) CR189 Oct 2014
- Junior MARSIPAN: Management of Really Sick Patients under 18 with Anorexia Nervosa (PDF) CR168 Jan 2012.
Find out more and become a member of the Academy for Eating Disorders.
Eating disorders - initial assessment in primary care (the BMJ visual summary)
- Physiotherapy Guidance Notes for Exercise and Physical Activity in Adult Patients with Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa
- NICE guidelines for eating disorders
- NICE guidelines for Nutrition Support for Adults
- HEOPS Fitness to Study for Students with Severe Eating Disorders: Guidance, Higher Education Occupational Practitioners’ Society.
Our mental health information
For parents and young people
- Worries about weight and eating problems: for young people
- Eating disorders in young people: for parents and carers.
- For adults.
Charities, communities and helplines
- AED: Academy for Eating Disorders
- BEAT: Beat eating disorders
- ABC: Anorexia and Bulimia Care
- FEAST: Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders
- FIXERS: Young people using their past to fix the future!
- Maudsley Parents: For parents of eating disordered children.
- SEDIG: Scottish Eating Disorders Interest Group
- tastelife providing tools for recovery for those who struggle with eating disorders and for their supporters.