Originally a standalone review into morale and training within psychiatry, Supported and Valued has since progressed into an ethos about the way that psychiatric trainees should be cared for.
To support this, the Psychiatric Trainees’ Committee have launched a suite of resources to support local improvements and have instigated various initiatives to help overcome the challenges commonly faced by psychiatric trainees throughout the UK.
While there is much to still achieve, collated here is a compilation of these resources and the highlights of what has been achieved to date.
- Supported and Valued? A trainee led review into morale and training within psychiatry (PDF)
- Supported and Valued? Staying Safe – A trainee led review into fatigue within psychiatry (PDF)
- Supported and Valued Conference 2019
- Enhanced junior doctor forums: An implementation guide (PDF)
- National Standardisation of the Annual Review of Competency Progression (ARCP) (PDF)
- RCPsych Leadership and Management Fellow Scheme (PDF)
- Strengthened PTC representation:
- Psychiatric Support Service (PSS) Trainee Doctor representative
- International Medical Graduate representative
The Psychiatric Trainees’ Committee will continue to drive improvements in the quality of training, though the real power is with you. Through the power of marginal gains, even the smallest of changes can make a big difference.Keep up to date with how you can get involved, find out who your local representatives are and please do get in touch.