COVID-19 Mental Health Improvement Network Webinars
We're running a series of webinars to share ideas and learning to respond to COVID-19 that we've identified through the COVID-19 Mental Health Improvement Network.
Here you'll find details of upcoming webinars and resources from previous webinars. The resources are available for anyone to use.
For any questions about the webinars, please email us at email@example.com.
Check back soon for details of our upcoming webinars.
Suicide Prevention COVID-19 Interactive Webinar #3 - Wednesday 22 July
Suicide Prevention COVID-19 Virtual Clinic #2 - Wednesday 3 June
Restrictive Practices During COVID-19 – Thursday 28 May
The theme of this webinar was 'How can mental health teams prevent the use of restrictive practices from increasing during the COVID-19 pandemic?'
This webinar marked the launch of our change package for restrictive practice. Three mental health teams discussed a key area from the change package:
- Engaging patients in extra activities – Keats Ward, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- Communicating with patients about COVID-19 – Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust.
- Supporting staff – East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.
Suicide Prevention COVID-19 Virtual Clinic #1 - Wednesday 6 May
The topic for this webinar was 'How has COVID-19 changed suicide prevention?'
A conversation between Professor Louis Appleby, Caroline Harroe and Professor Nav Kapur about the impact of COVID-19 on suicide and self-harm prevention, and emerging priorities for prevention efforts.
Connecting with Carers in Covid
This series of webinars was developed jointly by people with lived experience of family caring, The British Association of Social Workers, The Royal College of Nursing and RCPsych to help carers and families during COVID-19.
Connecting with Carers in Covid #3 - Wednesday 20 May
The topic for this webinar was 'Experience and learning from good practice: how professionals are stepping up to support mental health carers through COVID-19'.
Connecting with Carers in Covid #2 - Wednesday 13 May
The topic for this webinar was 'the principles of good professional practice'.
Connecting with Carers in Covid #1 - Wednesday 6 May
The topic for this webinar was 'Listening to carers and family members, identifying what helps'. Watch the webinar recording.
These vignettes (PDF) present various scenarios that families and carers are being faced with during COVID-19.
These resources provide advice and ideas to help families and carers during COVID-19:
- Postcard (Matthew McKenzie) – ways to keep connected with other carers during COVID-19.
- Postcard (Roller Coaster Family Support) – ideas to keep carers connected with families during COVID-19.
- Postcard (South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS Trust) – advice on how to communicate with children who are experiencing mental health difficulties during COVID-19.
- Poster (South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS Trust) – strategies to help ease tensions when caring for people at home during COVID-19.