Welcome to the London Division Newsletter, 'The Psychiatric Eye'. Our Newsletter Editorial Committee welcome submissions, letters, responses and any other comments.
How can I contribute to the Newsletter?
The theme for the next edition of the London Division newsletter will be:
'Technology and mental health'
Some questions to consider under this theme:
- The technology revolution is in full swing and leaves virtually no aspect of our lives untouched; but is it a force for good or ill in mental health?
- Social media provides new ways of connecting but why has use been linked to mental illness?
- Do apps support mental wellbeing work?
- While technology can open up innovative ways of delivering services, how can we ensure the benefits are accessed by everyone?
We welcome your contribution to this theme and as always we also have the following features to which you can contribute articles:
- Conference Watch – conferences you have attended related to psychiatry
- Culture Vulture - articles relating to your insights, interpretations and observations of relevant popular culture, the arts and theatre in the capital related to psychiatry
- Facetime - an interview with someone in the world of London psychiatry – professional or service user, local hero, or London icon
- Articles relating to personal experience within psychiatry.
Please see the details for submissions below:
All article submissions must use the Newsletter Template (DOC) and save the file as:
'Submission for Summer Edition - your full name'
Maximum Word Count:
- Themed Articles - 600
- All other articles - 400
Deadline for submissions: Please submit your article to The Psychiatric Eye by 3rd July 2019