The Sexual Safety Collaborative is part of a wider Mental Health Safety Improvement Programme (MHSIP) which was established by NHS Improvement (NHSI), in partnership with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), in response to a request made by the Secretary of State.
The Sexual Safety Collaborative has been established in response to the CQC report on Sexual Safety on Mental Health Wards and aims to meet a number of objectives:
- Produce a set of standards around sexual safety during the mental health and learning disability inpatient pathways (including a strategy to measure and support quality improvement)
- Run a national quality improvement (QI) collaborative to support inpatient mental health teams in every mental health trust in England to use QI to improve sexual safety on their wards.
- Produce a library of resources, building on best practice to support the work of mental health trusts to improve sexual safety.
The national quality improvement collaborative launched on 21st October 2019. If you have any queries about the programme, please email us.
Programme end date: March 2021
The standards for sexual safety are currently in the process of being published. For any questions relating to the standards, please contact the Project Manager at Dominique.Gardner@rcpsych.ac.uk.
- Driver Diagram (png)
- Measurement Plan (pdf)
- Operational Definitions (pdf)
- Safety Cross by Shift Pattern (pdf)
- Safety Cross by Day (pdf)
- SSC Ward Charter Template (doc)
- Early Tasks for Your Team Checklist (doc)
- SSC Project Lead Directory - March 2020 (pdf)
- SSC Data Entry Dates (pdf)
- SSC 'Adding a PDSA' Handout (pdf)
- SSC 'Adding to Your Driver Diagram' Handout(pdf)
- SSC Standard Postcards (pdf)
- SSC Easyread Postcards (pdf)
- Sexual Health and Sexual Safety During Your Stay (Leaflet) - for more information, please contact email@example.com
- CNWL Sexual Safety Information for Patients and Carers (Leaflet) - for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sexual Safety for Women in Inpatient Mental Health Care Contexts (online resource) - for more information, please contact Julie.Mcgarry@nottshc.nhs.uk