'We call on the next Welsh Government to ensure parity between Physical and Mental Health Services.'
We would like:
- the Welsh Government to commit to more psychiatrist posts in the Welsh NHS, particularly in old age psychiatry, addiction and eating disorders, to bring the Welsh NHS in to line with international norms
- HEIW to develop an attractive career pathway for the Physician Associate in Wales, into the delivery of mental health and learning disability services
- the Welsh Government to extend the existing legislation ‘Nursing Staffing (Wales) Act 2016’ to acute and inpatient mental health units
- the Welsh Government and HEIW to apply the principles of prudent and value based health care to the work that psychiatrists do in order to understand how often they are able to operate at the top of their licence
- HEIW to establish a higher training programme for medical psychotherapy in Wales
- to expand the cultural competencies of the NHS
workforce in Wales through support for the Diverse
Cymru Cultural Competency Framework.