The chief criterion for inclusion in this list is that an item is likely to be of interest to members of the Special Interest Group.
The 'recommended book list' is taken from the CPD Online module 'Exploring spirituality with people who use mental health services' and is necessarily highly selective.
There are currently five UK University Courses and links to all are provided, together with a number of other academic modules.
Of the many journals in the field of spirituality, two are specifically endorsed by the SPSIG.
Book Reviews regularly appear in the Newsletter but are additionally archived here.
The College leaflet on Spirituality and Mental Health is intended to be of use to both professionals and service users. Printed leaflets are also available from the College.
- Recommended book list
- Academic Courses in Spirituality and Health / Journals
- Book Reviews
- Spirituality and Mental Health leaflet
- Handbook of spiritual care in mental illness
- WPA Position Statement on Spirituality and Religion in Psychiatry
- Spirituality SIG Annual Report 2017
- Recommendations for Psychiatrists on Spirituality and Religion