Terms and conditions
You hereby agree that by downloading these audit tools that you are entering into a licence agreement under the following Terms and Conditions.
All information, software, products and related graphics contained in the Audit Tool are provided "as is" without warranty, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of third party intellectual property rights.
In no event shall HQIP be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages for loss of profits, revenue, data or use incurred by you or any third party, whether in action in contract, tort, or otherwise, arising from your access to, or use of, the Audit Tool.
HQIP make no representations about the suitability, reliability, or timeliness, and accuracy of the information, software, products and related graphics contained in the Audit Tool. HQIP reserves the right to make improvements, changes or updates to the Audit Tool at any time without notice.
- National Audit of Dementia (NAD) Care In General Hospitals 2022-23 Round 5 Audit Report
- Round five hospital local reports
- Appendix containing Methodology and full breakdown of national results
- Appendix showing key metrics results for each participating hospital
- Appendix showing key metrics results for each participating hospital after outlier amendments
Data collection tools
This spotlight audit examined waiting times, access to assessments, treatment and post-diagnostic support for people with dementia in memory assessment services.
Round 4 included a spotlight audit on 'Hospital initiated prescription of psychotropic medication for behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia', this module forms part of the Quality Account in 2019.
- National Audit of Dementia Care in General Hospitals 2018-2019: Round Four Audit Report
- Round four hospital local reports
- Round four regional reports
- Round four report for Wales
- Round four report for Wales in Welsh
- Accessible report
- Commissioners' report
Round 4 hospital scores across England and Wales
- Casenote Audit national data summary
- Carer Questionnaire national data summary
- Carer Questionnaire coding framework
- Organisational Checklist national data summary
- Staff Questionnaire national data summary
- Staff Questionnaire coding framework
- Eligible ICD10 codes
- Inter rater reliability analysis
- Round Four standards
Data collection tools
After analysing the data collected for Round 3, it became apparent that audit questions about delirium might be inconsistently interpreted, both within and between hospital sites. Hospitals were asked to submit data for a Spotlight audit focusing on the identification and assessment of delirium in order to look at variance in interpretation and to gain more accurate knowledge of the extent to which assessments are not performed.
Our online privacy notice gives you detailed information on when and why we collect personal information and how we use it.
Carer and staff surveys are anonymous and case note audit submissions are pseudonymised (we do not ask for any identifying information such as name or NHS number), and allocated a number for the purposes of audit. For further details please refer to our data flow chart. We have completed a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) to review our management of this data.
Data collection via an online audit tool
- Using SNAP Webhost Survey software. SNAP Surveys is certified to ISO 27001. Please see the statement regarding GDPR requirements and security on their website.
- Using an online data collection platform developed and implemented for the audit by Netsolving on CaseCapture. Contractual arrangements with Netsolving cover their accountability, record of data processing, maintenance of lawful basis for processing, compliance with consent requirements, GDPR transparency, individual rights, breach process and policy. The sub-contract also specifies forbidding of data matching, agreed purpose processing, security arrangements, storage and retention, breach notification, subject access data rights, data transfer, rights to inspection and withdrawal, and valid data protection registration.
- Data storage via SNAP, Netsolving or Microsoft Azure is ISO/IEC 27001 compliant.
Data collection using paper questionnaires
Where paper questionnaires are distributed, these are anonymous. Any information supplied in comments that may be identifying is removed and the data is aggregated prior to reporting.
We used HQIP’s UPCARE tool to collate information about the project governance and methodology into a single document.